Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday, Day 2

Even though I'm beyond exhausted right now, I would regret not keeping up with this blog.

We started off the day at the Wildlife Learning Center. We talked to a woman by the name of Brittany Whitlow who pretty much runs the show there. They only have about 130 animals (much less than a typical zoo), most being reptiles, but it was amazing what they do there. They educate kids and bring animals to schools to talk to people about them.

They were located right in the middle of this neighborhood which was kind of strange and very cool. We got to measure out the correct amounts of food for a bunch of different animals. We then got to make some enrichment opportunities for them as well.We basically just put a bunch of twigs and branches into a big tub and sprayed some almond water on it all for them to explore.

Next we got dirty and cleaned the cages of a couple different species of mammals. We tried to clean a bobcats cage, but the little guy wouldn't cooperate with us.

We ended the day with a couple different animal encounters. From an albino boa constrictor to a desert fox named Buster, to getting to hold Newton, a  little owl. Overall it was an experience that was more than memorable.

Next we headed over to Dolby laboratories where we ate a filing lunch of sandwiches and salad and headed into Dolby's own personal Atmos surround sound. Basically its the newest technology in the sound world where not only are you surrounded by speakers, but the sound can be pin-pointed to a specific speaker which intensifies the feeling.

Dr. Poppy Crum talked about the science behind the things they do at Dolby and how they've discovered that contrary to past hypothesis, the stimulus is not as important as what's actually going on in the brain, and reacting to it.

After a free gift bag and of course a few pictures we headed back to the hotel where we were handed dinner on our way up the get ready for the premier! I got as dolled up as I could with what limited supplies I brought, but I think I pulled it off.

Many of the other girls were completely freaking out. My excitement wasn't as extreme, more just incredibly intreseted to see them in person, walking, talking and breathing like any other human.

We saw a huge range of celebrities, and I'll try to list as many as I can remember. The Hemsworth Brothers, Anthony Hopkins (I told him I loved him in Silence of the lambs), Zachary Levi (Gave me the smolder), Thomas Hiddleston (Incredibly Nice), Micheal Rooker, Stan Lee (Incredibly funny), Debby Ryan, Bradly Perry, Zachary Abel and probably more that I'm forgetting.

We finished off the night sitting behind some ABC stars and watching the Thor movie. We'll be seeing it in  Dolby Atmos on Friday along with our documentary short. I'm so excited! But I'm also drained, so until tomorrow, Thor Rules!


No comments:

Post a Comment